- Michael E. Miller, D.D.S.
- After graduating Valedictorian from Old Dominion University with a B.S. in chemistry and earning the University Outstanding Scholar Award, he graduated from VCU/MCV School of Dentistry as Valedictorian of his class and earning his D.D.S. degree. Dr. Miller completed his four year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery also at VCU/MCV and began private practice in Richmond, Virginia. He is a Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, certified since 1990. Dr. Miller has served as President of the Virginia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and as delegate to the Virginia Dental Association. Most recently, he was elected as a Fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
- Christopher Rhodes
Intellectual Property, Chemistry & Biotechnology
- Chris has over a decade of intellectual property experience, first as a patent agent and then as a patent attorney. Chris practiced at firms in Boston, Cambridge and Roanoke prior to founding Rhodes Donahoe, P.C. Chris has a Ph.D. in chemistry in addition to a law degree. Chris focuses on all aspects of intellectual property law in technical areas such as materials science, small molecules, medical devices and other chemical, biotechnology and mechanical devices, methods and systems. Chris’s practice involves IP procurement, enforcement and counseling. Chris is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and Virginia, including the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia, and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- J. Michael Thomas
Banking & Finance
- Mr. Thomas graduated from James Madison University and later, completed the VBA Banker's School of Bank Management at the University of Virginia. He then received his Masters in Banking from the Graduate School of Banking at LSU. During his 27-year banking career, he has extensive experience in both retail branch management and consumer and commercial lending. He has served as a Vice President at Sovran / NationsBank and First Community Bank where he organized and deployed their Private Banking Department. He was an organizing officer with Community First Bank where he was a Senior Vice President, Senior Lender, ALCO committee member and Chairman of the Loan Committee. After Community First Bank was acquired, Mr. Thomas and other bank executives organized and launched SelectBank, where he served as President. He currently serves as CEO, Chairman of the Loan Committee and Board Member of Select Bank.
- T. Clayton Davis
Manufacturing & Operations
- After receiving a B.S. in Corporate Financial Management & Capital Structures from Virginia Tech with an emphasis on cost accounting and ISO QC systems, Mr. Davis went on to become president of Haller Clock Company of America. He managed all US operations as well as heading the startup team for their Australian operations. He also managed the procurement team with relationships in China, Hong Kong, Taipei, and various European countries. He then managed the startup and ongoing operations of Forest Manufacturing. After 5 years of continued profitable growth, Mr. Davis successfully negotiated the sale of operations to a publicly traded company. After becoming CFO for Old Dominion Box Company, with 11 manufacturing plants, he then became VP and CFO for Community First Bank. He is now President and CFO of SelectBank.
- Kimberly Christner
Kimberly is the product of a Navy family, which helped shape her organization and management skills. For the past 19 years, Kimberly has worked for long-time and well-respected hotelier Robert Beck, President of Beck Company, eventually becoming CEO. During that time, she had an active role in hotel development from building and opening new properties to renovation of older properties. She also oversaw the management and daily operations of properties in their management portfolio.
- Lynn Seldon
Travel & Tourism
- After graduating from Virginia Military Institute, Lynn got his start writing articles for Stars & Stripes while stationed in Germany as a young Army officer. He has spent the past 25 years covering all aspects of travel writing and photography, and focuses on travel within the US and the Caribbean, cruise travel and soft adventure travel. Lynn’s work has appeared in more than 500 publications, including: Southern Living, Cruise Travel, Outside, Wine Enthusiast, Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel, Scuba Diving, Dayspa, Porthole, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Charlotte Observer, USA Today, various in-flight publications, and many AAA magazines.
- Jennifer Grinnell
Branding & Market Positioning
- Jennifer earned her B.A. from Grinnell College with a double major in English and Art, and continued her education toward an MFA in Communication Design at Iowa State University. After graduation, she served as an Adjunct Professor at Northern Virginia Community College. She later became Vice President of Strategy and Creative for Coast to Coast Media, an international advertising firm. She is currently President of BrandPlanet, an international branding and marketing consortium which, most recently, developed the brand and messaging strategies and tactics for the nation of Kazakhstan, under the Kazakh Foreign Ministry. Mrs. Grinnell has developed brand and messaging campaigns for Fortune 500 companies such as Raytheon, Bechtel, Cobham, and B&W. She has also developed brand and messaging campaigns for nations such as Ukraine, Greece and Fiji. Her government and non-profit clients include United States Marine Corps, Marine Corps Systems Command, National Kidney Foundation, and Alchoholics Anonymous.
- Don Maddox
Factory Automation & Medical Device Manufacturing
- After graduating from Virginia Tech with a BSME, Mr. Maddox went on to receive his MBA from Lynchburg College. He then launched Dramco Machine Technologies which specializes in automating manufacturing processes through robotics. Don manages a team of highly skilled engineers, designing custom machinery that marries robotics with ultrasonic welding, trimming, dispensing, fastening, part handling, packaging and palletizing. Dramco has been named two-time integrator of the year by Fanuc Robotics as well as Innovator of the year by the Region 2000 Technology Council. Dramco has aggressively moved into the medical device manufacturing niche, supplying factory automation equipment to industry heavy-weights such as Hollister.
- Andrea Sisson
Education & Early Childhood Development
- Andrea received her B.A. from the University of Virginia and her M.S. in Special Education from Radford University. She has also earned her Education Specialist degree from the University of Virginia. Andrea specializes in program development and diagnostic testing to support early literacy and mathematical concept acquisition. She also has extensive experience in writing education grants and securing funding for solutions-based programs. She has advanced training including autism/Asperger, High/Scope, TEEACH and PECS. Her certifications include Early Childhood Special Education, Sociology, LD/ED K-12, and Reading Specialist. Her education and experience has given her invaluable insight into the systems that schools use and the challenges they face when it comes to both student and teacher health and wellbeing in the educational environment.
- Alan Pettigrew
Manufacturing & Finishing
- Alan is a graduate of Washington and Lee University with a B.S. degree in Special Attainments in Commerce. Active in the start-up and development of several businesses, he is a partner and Vice President of StampTech a precision sheet metal fabricator with facilities in Lynchburg, Chester and Prince George, VA, and Covington, GA. He also serves as CEO of Hanson Industries, a porcelain enamel coater in Lynchburg. He is a partner and board member of CFS Landfill and Recycling which is a waste hauling operation in Petersburg, VA. Additionally, he is a partner in WNP Manufacturing which is an electro-mechanical assembly company in Richmond, VA.
- Mark Goodnight, PMP, ERMp
- Mark is a graduate of Saint Leo University with a B.A. in Liberal Studies and Criminal Justice. Since 1995, Mark has managed the marketing and delivery initiatives of multiple technologies in both the commercial and government business sectors. Currently he serves as the Director, Marketing and Business Development for The Goodnight Group LLC, a provider of Content Intelligence services in the Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia areas. Mark retired with over 27 years combined service in the United States Marine Corps and U.S. Air Force Reserve.